Could There Be A Collaboration In the Works For Rapper Jay-Z and Rocker Noel Gallagher

Could There Be A Collaboration In the Works For Rapper Jay-Z and Rocker Noel Gallagher

SHAWN 'JAY-Z' CARTER has plans to record with OASIS star NOEL GALLAGHER - even though the rocker publicly criticised the rapper's Glastonbury Festival appearance. Jay-Z became the first rap star to headline the English festival, and proved detractors like Gallagher wrong by wowing the crowds at the event. The Oasis star was one of many critics who insisted hip-hop had no place at the festival, stating, "It's wrong. Jay-Z's got no chance." Jay-Z admits he was encouraged by the warm reception he received from fans: "Glastonbury was a historic event for me... I'm feeling the love.

"Any time you can come from where I come from... (and) come so far... to come overseas and have people embrace you the way I've been embraced thus far, it's just an amazing feeling." And now the star is keen to prove there's no ill-will about Gallagher's comments - he's interested in talking to the rocker, and insists he'd be open to a collaboration between the two. He tells MTV, "I haven't spoken to him (but) I heard he was reaching out... I don't bear any grudge, it's all good."   I just believe in good music and bad music, I've always said that. You look at any interview from the beginning of time, I've always stated that I don't believe in the lines and classifications that people put music in so they can easily define it.

Gallagher Has since said his comments were misconstrued by the media, and that he, in fact, is a Jay-Z fan. "I thought it was great. I love Jay-Z," he said of the rapper's Glastonbury performance. "The thing is, I was actually giving my opinion about ticket sales at Glastonbury. And it really wasn't about hip-hop or anything like that."
As for Jay-Z's "Wonderwall" cover, Gallagher said: "I only caught the second half of his set. But everyone says it was great."

Post a Comment