Jim Jones Speaks To Complex Magazine about Beef, Buddies wand what He has in Store for 2009

Jim Jones Speaks To Complex Magazine about Kanye', Beef With Max B, Cam'ron and what He has in Store for 2009

Two years after “Ballin’” became the biggest rap banger in recent memory, Jones is looking to get his momentum back. It’s a cliché for an artist to say he’s paper-chasing, but after inking three separate deals (with Koch, Sony and Asylum), it seems as though Jimmy means it. Like, Really Means It. So, as is fitting a man like Mr. Multitask, he’s got a new album (Pray for Reign), a Dash-produced documentary and a handful of acting spots coming down the pike.

The thing is, between the swag-splashing diatribes most fans know him for, Jones does come down to earth from time to time. Seeing his son in the documentary makes him shed a tear, talking about his girlfriend of four years makes him smile, and his rocky relationship with Cam’ron hits him somewhere in the middle. Then there’s his feelings toward Jay, which might just border on hate. Regardless of what mood he’s in at any given moment, though, Capo’s a dude who’s impossible to ignore. We say that to say this: Don’t be surprised if Dame gets his wish this year. Mainstream, you might wanna get prepped, because here comes Jimmy.

Speaking of attention, Max B has been going hard at you lately. He even has a site for it, fuckjimjones.com. How do you feel about that?
Jim Jones: It’s cool. Anything he tries to do, I can either shut it down or get paid for it. I own him, all his publishing, all his contracts. He sold me his publishing to get out of jail. He called me crying on the phone saying, “If you bail me out, I’ll sell you all my publishing and do whatever I got to do.” He damn near said, “I’d suck your dick like a crackhead to get out of jail.” [Laughs.] So you can imagine how frustrated I am, the way I’m living. I got 50 grand in my book bag, and we ain’t even at a video shoot.
Meanwhile, your relationship with Cam’ron is at a standstill. It seems like that souring has had the most effect on you.
Jim Jones: It’s definitely hard, because that’s my nigga, that’s my brother. We rolled together for a very long time, and there are things I remember we said that we would never do. And now that we’ve got so much success, we’re doing all the things we watched people do and said that wouldn’t be us. It’s the ego; it has to be. This is a question I’ve asked myself over and over again. That’s the only way I see it. Amongst everything else, there was a couple things said on my part, but I can do that if I want to. Above all, I kept it fair; I could really......



To read more of this interview with Jim Jones You can pick up the December Issue of Complex Magazine or visit complex.com.

1 comments: to “ Jim Jones Speaks To Complex Magazine about Beef, Buddies wand what He has in Store for 2009

  • Anonymous
    November 20, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

    Jim Jones is Wack.. hos whole click is wack.. Thats Not hip hop..they had one hit "balling" and thats it.. So did Coolio,Vanilla Ice so Jim jones is at that level.. but that sad thing about Vanilla Ice and Coolio sold more albums... Ha.. shits Funny

Post a Comment