First Look: Mama I Want To Sing

First Look: Mama I Want To Sing

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Mama I want to sing is heading to the big screen. " I Want to Sing" tells the story of a preacher's daughter, who rises from the church choir to international pop superstardom. Loosely based on Vy Higginsen's sister, Doris Troy, best known for the 1963 pop hit "Just One Look", the play was named by Time Magazine as one of the "Ten Best Theatrical Productions of the Year." Having played more than 2400 performances over eight consecutive years (1983-1991), the show became the longest running Black off-Broadway musical in the history of American theater touring both domestically and internationally. The film, tentatively slated for an October 2008, release stars: Ciara, Lynn Whitfield, Patti LaBelle, Juanita Bynum, Hill Harper, Ben Vereen, Billy Zane, Kim Porter, Ralph Tresvant, Ross Francis, Shonda Farr.

Could" Mama I Want to Sing" be this years "Dream Girls"? I absolutely loved the play and am looking forward to seeing this movie come to life on the big screen.

Post a Comment